Sign in to follow this  
SK

Corrado number 2(some cold winter pics added)

Here's a coupla pics o my 2.0 16v I bought in the summer. I had a white one before this which was ultra low and great fun to drive but I sold it when I got the chance of an RS Cosworth Sierra. It went in the summer and I swayed back to the VW scene. After lookin at a tidy but impractical MK1 Golf I had a look at this and parted with my cash.

Its Standard except for :

Koni suspension( new springs due to go on cos theres a height difference which annoys me!)

17" momo wheels. (90's things but i dunno their name)

and...of course.. a debadged FK grille just to be different :lol:

l_3393ac60a7a420191fb4ecf6cadc0043.jpg

l_5b6b9c766857d111c3e67297169cc65f.jpg

I fancy gettin some new wheels sometime....Wonder if santa has an old renault clio 16v that he's breaking...or a 944S2.... 8)

Hi Simon,

You made the right decision to buy another VW :)

The car is looking good....got any plans for it?

Gonna get the front end painted the right colour!!! The wings've been sprayed in the wrong shade which is really noticable to me! :( I'd like to go down to 16" or 15" wheels. I'm happy with the running of the car. Its got a whack of history up to 95000mls....i.e right now. There are printouts from Star Performance showing 151bhp but I'm not fussed abouit the speed etc. The motorbike's for going fast on!! :lol:

If it wasn't a daily runner I'd love a set of porsche 968 wheels (edition 90's??)

Yeah the design 90's? They are really nice on Corrados...not sure if I have seen a set on a Corrado the colour of yours yet.... Would look nice 8)

I've since sorted the springs and put 15" RA's on(with Toyo Proxes...ta Camskills) Here it is.

I've just bought somethin else now so I'm maybe gonna put her on the market....dunno.....

l_84458a5af34650a39862536d4ee3f93a.jpg

l_e2ccaaf3aa19f05e6b0d2cf75670b2bd.jpg

l_86a12167739bd7ba48db2dd9ed15d522.jpg

l_69211258118fd2b90bac4de7569fb39d.jpg

awh your not selling are you? What's the new car you've bought?

What springs you put on it? I'm ashamed to say that I havent done anything with my suspension yet which means the 16's have not been put on for the winter and the good wheels are still on! Just been a bit too busy just now to get it sorted out.

They're £60 quid Jamex things I got on Ebay. I was a bit scared to mess things up (should really change the whole lot at the same time) but the car handles perfect and theres no rubs/scrapes/exhaust clunkage. I saw your car in TESCO but it was p***in down wi rain so I never came over to say 'ello.

Car wise I've bought my first love. I've purchased my 7th Ford Capri. Its in "storage" just now but I'm happy usin the Corrado anyway. If I can keep both, I will but come the summer I'll be updating my motorbike so unfortunately the Corrado will end up goin :( .....well thats the plan this week! Still want to have owned a Mk1 Golf at some point.....too much choice!! Might just buy a 307 diesel and blend in with the rest of the traffic :lol:

That is a lot of Capris! There is a white one sits over in Hamilton which looks very clean. It would be a shame though if the Rado has to go :(

We had a MK1 Golf convertible a few year back, it was more of a fun car though than anything, even although we didnt get much chance to get the roof down. At the time it was like you said....wanted to have owned one, but much prefer the mk2's :) :)

I'm afraid the Corrado is away. I couldn't bear to have it sitting doing nothing when someone else could be getting the use of it, so after sailing an MOT its off to Glasgow somewhere. The chap who bought it was as happy as Larry (didn't know Larry had a corrado) when he left. I'll prob venture back to the VeeDub scene soon so I'll keep my toes wet on the forum. Hers a pic about 15mins before it left!

l_71a08801ac9fbbbd6841a6dba3cae25d.jpg

and here is the replacement for the summer

l_e04d9ebce4c4fa4bf1d40105685ac18c.jpg