Sign in to follow this  
davej

heater matrix

just wondering how easy it is to get to the heater matrix from the interior. the controls dont seem to open up the dash vents fully when switched from the de-mist windscreen mode. it feels like the main vent selector bit is just stuck a bit, and i'm hoping it would be easy-ish to fix if i could get in there.

anyone?

You shouldn't have to remove the whole heater box + matrix to check the heater control mech!

It's quite easy to get at really! Just remove the front fascia / stereo surround etc, and the lower dash tray on both the drivers and passenger side foot wells. You can now get good access at the control flap parts and cable mech of the heater box! 8)

cool, was hoping that was the case, i'll be having a look when i get a spare afternoon.

do you have links to the pics?

thanks

Hi, ive just replaced my heater matrix so i can safely say you really dont want to be taking it out!

Have you tried removing the heater controls, unclipping the outter casing of the control wires (only the outter casing!) and moving them slightly outwards from their previous location, then clip them back in. This bascially tightens the cable up which do slacken off over the years.

I did this months ago when i noticed my footwell vents didnt close properly when i wanted the fan blowing out the dash vents, it did the trick fine, i then had the full fan power out the main vents!

Hope this helps