Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

Flat battery, now no central locking or alarm..HELP!

Like a prize pillock i left my 'raddo parked up with head lights on for 3/4 days. Came back to her (still there, phew!) and battery was flat as the preverbil cap. Chuftie side-note: It was pissing down and some kind gentlemen in new 5 series M-pack BMW see's my distress and offers help, I tell'm my g'friend is on her way with jump leads and i should be ok. Says him with 2 kids in back + stoney faced wife in passenger seat ''mate, I love these cars, it'd be my pleasure''. Long story short, he could'nt find his own battery points big fancy all plastic engine bay! Nice car though. Gave up and nearly broke his neck looking back at the c.

Back to orginal point. I got her started and reckoned the central locking / alarm / key fob bleeps would all come back in couple days. Not so. That was good few weeks back. She locks with the key, but that's it. It's a Toad system.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I've sod all paper work on the alarm system either :(

Try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins then reconnect. Sometimes the alarm brain gets screwed up with a flat battery, this happened to me and that cured it.

Try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins then reconnect. Sometimes the alarm brain gets screwed up with a flat battery, this happened to me and that cured it.

Will give a go this evening! cheers. Typical VW only with these zanny cars would that work. Fingers crossed!