Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

c new style elec mirrors switch

hi chaps just changed me early c interior for a 95 one,managed to sort out elec window switches just having trouble with the mirror one.i have the switch its self,but the wiring plug i have is off of a golf(different wire colours)what im after is on the side of the mirror block connector is some numbers 1-8? i could do with knowing which number goes with what colour wires.are all 8 wires used.Buy you a pint of cider!? :shock:

I'll have a look at mine tomorrow mate. My car has had the late spec interior fitted and not sure how it's been done but everything works (although down is up etc on the mirrors but how often do you adjust them?) HTH

Hi Did you get round the problem because I have the same problem fitting late EM switch to my early C.

My old switch had 6 wires going to it, but the new one has 8 connections on the plug (2 extra for the illumination). I thought it would be a case of indentifying which wires are for the illumination and then working out which connections match the existing wiring loom - but the circuitry of the new switch seems to work totally differently from the old one and I'm wondering if the looms are different too? Its hard to explain but its not a straight forward circuit - has anyone figured it out?

All I know for sure so far is that connectors 4 & 7 are for the illumination!

Suppose I could try every poosible combination at risk of blowing fuses and maybe worse?!? maybe if someone with a late C could tell me what colours their wires are and the corresponding connector numbers (embossed in tiny figures on the connector plug)

Cheers!