Sign in to follow this  
nemesis360

Nemesis360's Winter daily...MK3's gone now got a MK2 gti

Well Ive taken the Corrado off the road to get a few things done this winter, I had just started looking for a run around when I got a call off my brother, he said his mate had a MK3 golf gti 8v for sale..."£100 and its yours"...needless to say I was on the next train to have a look at it.

I turn up and look round...87k with aircon and 6 months tax and MOT!!! Its now my daily! heres some pics...

nemesis360_29880200.jpg

nemesis360_29880202.jpg

It needs a good clean tho!

Graham

who gives a car like that away for free (6months tax =£99)????? :shock: :? :roll:

good find graham but some people just defy understanding!!

£100....holy schitt dude, that's sooooooooo cheap! My mum had a pretty much identical one to that, the only differeence is the reg plate! She PX'd that in for a TT two years ago and she even got 2500 for it! (a few less miles though - 36k)

How lucky is that!

Good Find dude, has it been used as a getaway car or something for that money? 8) Remember winter dailys arent to be played with :lol:

Good Find dude, has it been used as a getaway car or something for that money? 8) Remember winter dailys arent to be played with :lol:

Say the man whose just done a gearbox transplant... :lol:

Say the man whose just done a gearbox transplant... :lol:

the 4th box its had in 3-4 years... poo boxes! gols are far to easy to modify anyway :lol:

I must admit its got a few issues...It needs an air mass meter and lambda probe, and the passenger side needs painting...but for £100 Id expect a lot worse and with no MOT or tax!

Just a quick update...the golfs had a bad missfire when warm and it felt just like a sticking valve, I thought id better sort it out...and was gonna rip the head off for a closer look but thought Id check the basics first...I was told by the previous owner that a garage had changed plugs, leads and dizzy cap to cure it, but on closer inspection they hadnt so ive changed them and its cured!!! Just shows that some garages rip people off...and thats coming out of a mechanics mouth! lol