Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Oil change

Im going to change the oil in a moment on my G60

Just need to check how much oil it needs to fill her back her up as i do not have a full 5L, i assume 3.75L will be sufficient?

I should be ok then, im doing the oil filter as well so i will be just a little short then but within the min and max?

Cheers then mate, so long as im within in happy, im sure roughly a litre takes you from the min to max

That was when i filled it after the change and after driving it im not sure if it will be lower slightly due to the external oil cooler taking some up will have to check before next use.

So confident i was of the knowledge of some people i just poured the full 3.75L straight in.

Thinking about it actually the oil cooler has a thermostat which would have been closed as the engine was stone cold so in theory the oil will have remained in the cooler if there was any in the 1st place, so all should be good still, still going to check though :lol: paranoia setting in all for the sake of 0.25L of oil :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets just say i wont be over filling it again :oops: