Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Ideal Usage?

Now the VR's become a second car, it only gets used once every 2-3 weeks.

Decided to give it a run last night and although it started fine it had a paddy fit and stalled 6 times whilst I was waiting for it to warm up. Once it was warm then it was perfect.

Although I think the above in this case is something else I can't help wondering if I'm not using it enough?

Even if its just leaving it running for x amount, how often 'ideally' should I be using it?

Cheers

Most cars tend to run best if used daily in my experience, this is also the general consensus among the motoring fraternity as far as I'm aware. If left electrics can be particularly prone to failure on Corrados, although they're prone to failure anyway :)

Try and run it at least once a week, and by run I don't mean start it and let it warm up, that will kill the battery.

Take it for at least a 20 mile blast... give it beans when warmed up properly, and then treat it gentley the last few miles to let it cool slightly..

Then If it's wet give it a wash and rinse, dry it off and put it away.

Used to try and do this with my Aircooleds if they weren't being sorn'd over the winter... Waste of tax otherwise..