Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Manufacturers and stupid waiting times for cars

We would all accept that something like an R8 etc is going to have a lengthy waiting list but generally the product is good enough to get away with it.

Walk in to a Volkswagen site today and order yourself a sexy little Polo BlueMotion, you know, one of the most desirable small cars on the market and expect to wait until April 2008 before you can take delivery - who in their right mind is going to be prepared to wait so long

Yo Andy,

Did you try the "well that's ridiculous, I might as well go and buy a Ford Ka instead - at least I can get it now" argument? My old man has used that to significantly shorten delivery times on at least two occasions that I know of, albeit in Honda rather than Volkswagen dealers...

Week 9 (early March) is the earliest available build slot for a BlueMotion in right hand drive, I actually checked with the sales exec on the system - not that I'm buying one of course, I don't think I could handle the power :lol:

Week 9 (early March) is the earliest available build slot for a BlueMotion in right hand drive, I actually checked with the sales exec on the system - not that I'm buying one of course, I don't think I could handle the power :lol:

If that is the case, why the hell are they advertising it so much on TV. That's just ridiculous! Get people interested, then tell them they can't have it, what's the point in that??

They did exactly the same with the Fox - never been less than a 16 week wait for a £7k car - the Eos was until recently a 20 week wait, wonder what the wait for the Tiguan will be like