Sign in to follow this  
darrensphatvr6

C6 VRG Chains DONE and new magnex fitted :D

Here are some pictures of my Corrado VR6 as I've been fitting my new Oz Vega rims 3 piece split rims (16" 9J) with 25mm adapters. The car was standard when I bought It apart from some 17" Santa Monica wheels. My last two cars were a red 1.8 16v Corrado and my last was a DBP 1.8 16v.

Since owning the car, I first swapped the angel eyes off my valver onto the VR, I then bought some inpro crystal fog/indicator lights to match with the headlights. I was looking for some deep dish wheels for a while and then found the Oz's for sale on ebay. I bought them off Nick Lewis at retrowheels who re-furbished them and added 3.5 inch dishes to them :D . I had to use 25mm adapters as the stud pattern was 5x112. While I was putting the wheels on, I put the Silversport coilovers which I bought brand new. Once the wheels were fitted, I ran them for about 5 days and coudn't have more than 2 people in the car so in the end I took them off :lol: and then sold them so back on went the SM's :wink: .

Right the pics

you werent joking about phat were you!!

looks nice are you gonna pull your arches?

Trust me mate you want to see them in real life, i don't know whether to pull out the arches, it truly depends on how much it is going to cost, do you know about how much they might cost me because if they are too much, i might sell them and put a different set of wheels on.

looks sick, whats the spec on the wheels?

who did the bodywork?

I bought the car from Pontefract near Leeds, and a garage up there did it mate. The wheels are 9j 16" 5x112 with 25mm adapters and the make are oz racing but are similar to bbs rs as you can see in the pictures, the outers are the same as bbs's. Cheers

Depends how much arch work you need doing but its easily £200 a corner to pull them and then most likely need respraying.

Get some 20mm adaptors on and change the dishes to smaller 1's (sure furks will say keep them as they are) and then the arch work wont be needed to be pulled as far so it will still look standard with still phat rims, but whichever way you do it its going to cost you, but i prefer the more standard looking arches on phat rims instead of stupidly pulled arches as it ruins the lines of the car, but thats not to say they cant be improved upon.

Looks sweet, surely if you got 15/20mm adaptors and had the arches rolled those wheels would fit fine with a 205 or 195/40/16 trye on?

But thats what were saying, you can make them fit better

smaller adaptors

narrower tyres

spot of arch rolling

liking the wheels... got a good stance boing on 8) not as bad as the guy who had 10's or 11's on a lil while back :lol:

I needed to upload this so I can use it for my signature, my C's currently on 17" Santa Monica wheels as I'm selling the oz's. This looks quite similar to how mine looked :lol: : wildcat1.JPG

As I have finally sold my OZ Vega's (to biggerbigben), I have money to spend :D What do you think I should do, buy a private plate and a stainless steel exhaust and keep the santa monica's on, or buy some other wheels?

Keep the wheels, dont bother with a plate and get smashed in the pub.

heheh...

Looking forward to making these wheels fit my new purchase ;-)

Ben