Sign in to follow this  
darrensphatvr6

C6 VRG Chains DONE and new magnex fitted :D

Might be worth taking the upper tensioner bolt of and having a look at the rubber o-ring on the piston. That sounds similar to when one i had perished. Piston cant hold the pressure and loses tension in the chain

Gav

Might be worth taking the upper tensioner bolt of and having a look at the rubber o-ring on the piston. That sounds similar to when one i had perished. Piston cant hold the pressure and loses tension in the chain

Gav

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at that tomorrow, I thought that originally. :wink:

that does sound very ill mate :(

but its not terminal though, you can get the chains/tensioners from the states for £80+ delivery http://www.fourseasontuning.com/?product=271 and the head gasket is just not a nice job. but not that hard. dont give up mate.

karl

I was looking at these the other day from that site. They're way cheaper buying them from the states, I think it was something like £99 alltogether including delivery, I've heard strictly dubs sell them for around 160 plus delivery :shock: . Has anybody ever bought anything from the site before? I'm not sure whether to buy another VR6 engine and put it in mine or just get someone do the chain/tensioner on the one I've got now. What would you think would be better to do? I've found someone who could do the chains and It would cost around £550-£600 but then I'd have to wait for the parts from the USA and I'm not sure how long I'd have to wait for them. Cheers, Darren :wink:

Hi, since lowering the car, it pulls slightly to the left. I've had new track rod ends and anti-roll bar bushes and bar but still pulls? Any idea what this could be and I had the same problem with my 16v when I lowered that aswell but had it all balanced up but that still pulled.

Cheers :D

Progress at last,...

Picked the C up from the garage today, had the chains/tensioner done aswell as a new water pump.

Thank g0d that's out of the way :lol: :lol:

Also fitted my magnex stainless steel exhaust. Very pleased with it, fits perfectly. It's a really big improvement from what I had on it before. In conjunction with what's been done on the engine, it breathes so much better and makes a nice deep groal when you boot it from around 4000rpm, makes me smile everytime :lol:

nice one, must be a relief not to be listening to that scary noise any more!! :)

Yeah it is mate, I fount out that the noise was the water pump, it was totally f33cked :lol:

Keep the wheels, dont bother with a plate and get smashed in the pub.

heheh...

Looking forward to making these wheels fit my new purchase ;-)

Ben

What are you putting them on mate?

Hi all,

Has anybody got any diagrams or a guide for changing the oil stem seals?

Had a look but can't find anything, cheers :grin: