Sign in to follow this  
TexasCorradoVR6

Electric System Goes Berzerk!

howdy chaps! My VR6 has just bust an electrical nut! My drivers side headlight blew ( i checked the connection and the female part of the wire plug in is toast :cry: ) My gauge lights have systematically blown from tach to fuel gauge! (tach is almost impossible to see at night) and my MFA is completely messed up! :mad: Does anyone have INTRICATE maps of wiring diagrams for these areas? The Bentley book's rather confusing. If anyone has anyother ideas, feel free to shoot!

:shock:

Will

There is no more intricate wiring diagram available. The Bentley is definitely the daddy there.

Are you sure it's not just the dash bulbs that have blown? They are not too hard to replace.

Gavin

There are screws around the binnacle and sometimes some hidden ones behind switch blanks. Then another couple hold the clocks in. You may have to disconnect the speedo drive depending on the age of your car.

Its a while since I had a C apart as I drive a Golf and a Passat.

Gavin

Check alternator output before fixing everything, your regulator might have gone stick a meter across a 12v supply and rev the engine should not go over about 13-14 ish 8)

I had the alternator readings checked at an NTB (battery place in the US) and he said everything was A OK. Becuase my rado was eating batteries like they were going out of fashon, it turned out to be my secondary water pump that was sucking it dry, so i disconnected the secondary pump ( i won't need it again till summer). The electrics might be to blame for this as well, but as far as where to start on the whole thing, i don't have a clue! oh, and it revs well over 13-14 ish! :twisted:

Will