Sign in to follow this  
cardboard

flashing oil light? engine not starting problem

2 weeks ago a fuel pipe burst and my car has been sat until i got the part i just fitted it now and when i try to start the car i get nothing, like it is imobalised? the lights work etc but nothing to turn the engine over

i noticed that my oil light is flashing does this have anything to do with it? a saftey feature or someting, there is oil in the car.

thanks

It might be the ignition switch or barrel not turning enough to kick the starter in (quite common)...try turning the key to where it would normally start and give it a wiggle. If it starts you need to find out which of the above is at fault.

Graham

The Oil Light always flashes with the ignition on. It should go out when the car is running, though unfortunately, you can't get to this point at the moment! :(

does the starter click? i.e. is the solenoid working, they have a habit of sticking when old, but usually when the engine is hot as the solenoid is weaker then.

no its is like it is immobilised? there is no sound from the solenoid or starter motor at all. there was no problems before they fuel pipe burst, it wouldnt have damaged the car at all would it?

might just try push starting it and see what happens?? :? :?

Have you tried my suggestion above? I normally change 2 ignition switches or barrels a month at work. and its got all the symptoms of this fault.