Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

fitting porsche front seats? how to?

hey, wondering how to fit porka front seats into a rado?

i understand there will probably be some welding required of corrado seat frames to the bottom of the p seats, ideally dont want to chop my seats to bits, so what would i need from a c interior?

what would be needed for electric seats to get them moving not worried about heated?

any links to anyone`s pages whos done it? biggerbigben? blue joe? renshaw? cant remember who has them!

cheers!

If they're Porsche Recaros they'll bolt up to any MK1/2/Corrado Recaro base.

Otherwise I'm not sure...I've seen people post their cars on Vortex with Boxter 944 and 911 seats installed... Given they were Americans it can't be too hard.

As far as Power, I wired in my Recaros... It was simply a 10 amp fused lead with a Y to each seat going to the main power block on the fuse board and a shared ground.

Is thre any update on this? are there different typr porsche seat that will only fit? Is the mk1 / 2 golf and corrado recaro subframe different to the normal corrado subframe? Will they sit low enough? :?

yeah the subframe is actually bolted on, where as the normal seats have the subframe built into the integrety of the seat. driver and passenger Corrado Recaros are actually the same seats with the switches on opposite sides. you can swap em right across.