Sign in to follow this  
yogiontour

G60 deep dish Rim project on a Vr6!

Alright guys :) I decided whilst my car is laid up for the next few weeks to kick off something I have wanted to do for a while...that is creating my own rims :D

I have access to a cnc machine and tool shop but Im not really feeling the 500 quid a wheel ill have to spend on all that ally! So...what im gunna do is convert a set of golf mk5 steel wheels into some deep dish g60 rims (Im not too bad with a welder)

What im gunna do is take out the center hub of the MK5 wheels i bought off ebay...reverse them and mount them 50 - 100 mm into the hub....Im gunna jig it all up so its true and proper...but what i need to know is the following...

I want super low profile tyres...what is the lowest I can get for 16 in rims? I know its going to crash and bang...but i dont care :) If this works it will look sweet haha

has anyone done this before? It would be sweet to see what it looks like :)

Cheers guys....ill for now....I have to make do with staring at my mk5 golf rims and dreaming!

erm not to throw a spanner in the works mate but you need mk4 golf platform / beetle steels as the mk5 golf has 5x 112 pattern and wont fit on your vr