Sign in to follow this  
youngteck

CORRADO??

Im new to this V W stuff im looking into buying a 1990 Corrado G60 1.8 turbo i live in the states Florida to b exact

The good:

body is super clean no dents or rust

the price is great (a Super steal)

clean interior

The bad:

119 k on the motor

it starts but needs a new slave cylinder soo it doesn't drive but that is nothing to get it fixed

I realy like the body style and what you can do to these cars but i need to kno how is the maintenance on these cars and how had is to fix or upgrade soo can you guys skool me on this whole corrado thing i would realy appreciate it THANX!!

Hello mate, welcome to the forum!

Not an expert but I can tell you the G60 is supercharged, not turbocharged, 119k is below average mileage and maintenance seems to be OK if you get a good one and keep on top of it. Not sure about parts availability/price in the states but over here service parts are pretty cheap and plentiful while body panels and trim parts are getting scarce and sometimes sell at a premium.

Hope this helps and I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable forumites will correct me if I'm wrong! You might want to check out the buyers guide and wiki http://the-corrado.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.

The big thing you should know about any G60 is to service the stock supercharger every 60k miles, or else it will run a higher risk of it exploding on you (hence the name "Grenade").

I'm going to warn you though, just because it looks nice doesn't mean it is. Mine is a '90 and it had 89k on it when I bought it, but I can honestly not tell you anything that wasn't messed up on the car when I bought it. Parts and availability are pretty good in the states (http://www.neuspeed.com, and it's pretty easy to find someone whos got one for parts in their garage).

Good luck with it, treat her good and she'll be good in return.

Im new to this V W stuff im looking into buying a 1990 Corrado G60 1.8 turbo i live in the states Florida to b exact

The good:

body is super clean no dents or rust

the price is great (a Super steal)

clean interior

The bad:

119 k on the motor

it starts but needs a new slave cylinder soo it doesn't drive but that is nothing to get it fixed

I realy like the body style and what you can do to these cars but i need to kno how is the maintenance on these cars and how had is to fix or upgrade soo can you guys skool me on this whole corrado thing i would realy appreciate it THANX!!

Gotta be careful with it haha. With that many miles, who knows what'll happen to the g-lader. You might have to get that G60 rebuilt. Also, seeing as you live in FL where Emissions aren't too strict, I would throw out the G60 if it needs to be re-built and stick a Lysholm in it. Far more reliable S/C and a lot more power. Also, check a few other things such as sunroof and spoiler. Ask around on VWVortex too.