Sign in to follow this  
BILLCOR

De-cat or High Flow Cat

I've got a Supersprint 6 branch and was wondering about fitting a Cat-Bypass pipe or a Miltek high flow cat, obviously the bypass is cheaper but then you have to change it come MOT time, anyone have the high flow cat or have had both to compare?

I dont think there is any real difference performance wise between the two. The main thing is cost and like you say changing over come mot time. I have been running a decat for 2 years, its only a 30min job to swap the bugger over when the time comes.

I dont think there is any real difference performance wise between the two. The main thing is cost and like you say changing over come mot time. I have been running a decat for 2 years, its only a 30min job to swap the bugger over when the time comes.

Yep, the de-cat is the obvious option but to me its just hassle to change it for MOT.

Do you know of anyone running a highflow cat?

i have had my de-cat on for the last 2 MOTS, and both times it has passed with it on.

Are you friendly with the tester :norty: :lol:

If I thought I'd pass with the de-cat, then nough said!

i have had my de-cat on for the last 2 MOTS, and both times it has passed with it on.

Are you friendly with the tester :norty: :lol:

If I thought I'd pass with the de-cat, then nough said!

As already said, I think that on an NA engined VR6, there will be little difference between the high flow cat and decat tbh.

My advice: Ehem!.. Get yourself a friendly tester! 8) :D