Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

FINALLY! Bought my first Corrado!

Yeah it's going in to see my mechanic tomorrow and he assures me they'll be no problem! Sadly it's going uppity up up as I can't actually drive it around my estate in it's current stance!

Yeah it's going in to see my mechanic tomorrow and he assures me they'll be no problem! Sadly it's going uppity up up as I can't actually drive it around my estate in it's current stance!

shame yr having to raise it.. the stance is spot on...

Yeah it's a shame but I'm not going to enjoy the car if I hear a sickening scrape every time I go over a speedbump. Believe it or not, I have to go over 20 of the f*cking things every day just to get to work and back (I counted!). It'll still be lower than standard ride-height but hopefully a bit more practical as it's gonna be my daily!

Yeah it's a shame but I'm not going to enjoy the car if I hear a sickening scrape every time I go over a speedbump. Believe it or not, I have to go over 20 of the f*cking things every day just to get to work and back (I counted!). It'll still be lower than standard ride-height but hopefully a bit more practical as it's gonna be my daily!

Speedbumps are annoying!! im lucky I only have one I go over to get to work.. myns my daily & its as low as it can go... I dont mind the spilter rubbing.. gets peoples attention :lol:

Nice looking C mate! gotta agree with the leave it cos its spot on view o and ...

Believe it or not, I have to go over 20 of the f*cking things every day just to get to work and back (I counted!).

change jobs? or learn to fly :lol:

Cheers! Yeah they look the business.. very OEM but with pretty fat tyres on they look very mean, very "muscle car" in my opinion!

Might as well update the thread with my first two weeks of Corrado ownership, the highs and lows:

Well, couldn't actually drive it for most of the first week, as the coilies were too low to get over speedbumps! Bought and fitted some nice new banded GB plates to replace the German ones, gave the interior a thorough cleaning (headlining came up a treat) and removed bits of redundant ICE. Managed to get it into my mechanic who raised the ride height by 25mm and it goes over anything and the ride is a lot less harsh (more "firm" now)... he gave the car a full check over and this is all we found:

* needs new discs and pads (getting black diamond discs) and brake fluid

* couple of brake hoses are perished

* two small oil leaks that need investigating

* only one of the two horns works

* crank bolt needs changing

* clutch bitepoint is really low, probably fixed when brakes are flushed?

So it's going in next thursday for that little lot. Probably about £500 worth of work there including parts, but I've budgeted for this.

After it'd been to my mechanics for a couple of days, I got the wheels laser aligned, got my first chuftie from one of the car salesmen at the dealership which has the alignment rig! Then it was off to the local car electronics place to get the Toad CAT1 alarm recertified as the previous owner had mislaid the certificate (or I did). Long day, very expensive but after that the C was back on my drive and actually usable!

Since then I've just been driving it around and getting used to the power, and the noise! I didn't realise the G-Lader was so flipping noisy! I'm planning on getting some decent under bonnet foam as at the moment it has none. Also I keep spotting more and more bits missing out of the interior, but this can be an ongoing process. The power is just stupid however - I've not managed to put my foot down even a little bit without spinning the wheels, it's even worse in the wet! This is with Eagle F1s (I think) on the front as well. Loads of fun though, and as I build my confidence it gets easier to drive. I'm deliberately being careful with it as the last thing I want to do is throw it in a ditch. My mates love it, especially when you do build up some boost and change gear and the PSSHT comes from under the bonnet!

Probably not of much interest, but I know there's a few new Corrado owners lately on the forums so I thought I'd just update you with my progress! :D Thanks a lot to all the forum dudes who've been very kindly answering my stoopid questions!