Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

2008 Singapore GP at night!?

The whole circuit will be heavily floodlit - in other words - whats the flaming point, running a GP in artificial light as opposed to natural - reckon it will be the first and last

Oh i realised the circuit would be lit by lights, but why are they doing it? Doesnt give an explanation on the website.

I agree i cant see it becoming a regular thing. Personally i think itll be rubbish.

Only one reason behind it!...most viewers are still in Europe, but they don't want to hold the races here anymore due to advertising restrictions.

So, instead of holding the race over there during the day, and expecting most of their viewers to get up at some ungodly hour to watch it. They stick it on there during the night, so we can watch it at a normal hour over here.

Having said that, I was pretty excited about it......until I heard it was under floodlights. :( :?

I think it will work. Singapore is a very affluent country for South East Asia and I'm sure they have the resources to make it work. I'm sure Nascar runs races at night with no problems.

I'm probably going to go out there for it, I love Singapore as a city/country. Imagine London but with no litter (illegal) and no chewing gum on the pavement (also illegal), coupled in with amazing food, the technology and clothes shopping whilst still retaining some semblance of that far east feel. Not necessarily a place to party, but its there if you know where to look. Its awesome. 8) And its so close to Thailand I could get some decent beach time too.

Of far more interest to me way the news that they're considering making the opening round of next year's MotoGP season a night race as well.