Sign in to follow this  
aclwalker

Lesjofors standard springs for VR6.

Right, I posted this earlier but it seems to have gone missing.

Anyway, I was in GSF for other stuff today and asked if they had springs for a VR6 (not expecting much as I know all about the multitude of springs on Corrados). To my surprise he said that Lesjofors did them, but only up to 08/94. he said that they make OEM springs. I asked him for the numbers so that I could research it later. He gave me this:

Front 4095028

Rear 4295022

If you go to the http://www.lesjoforsab.com/automotive/eng/default_eng.aspx?p=automotive&s=company website you'll see a "Catalogue" link and a "Download" link. The situation is not straightforward

In the catalogue link you can select VR6 Corrado and you'll see what I mean. It lists only one "standard" spring and one "sports" spring", but in the description for the sports spring it mentions that this car was originally given two different spring and spring cap diameters (which I already knew about due to this forum), but it fails to say which of these that their "standard" and "sports" springs replace!!! Presumably it can't be both! Only one number is quoted for each of the "standard" and "sports" springs.

If you download the PDF from the download section, you get a bit more information, like dimensions, but I'm not sure what these mean. You can look up the part numbers above and go to the end of the PDF to get these figures.

Does anyone know if these will be suitable for a 94 VR6? Mine was first registered in March 94, but I'm not sure when it was built.

The price was quite good from GSF for these springs (£45 I think) and I'm not wanting to lower the car, so these would be ideal if they were suitable.

Can anyone decipher what model of VR6 the "standard" and/or "sports" spring replace? I have seen the thread where it is all described about the different spring caps and mounts etc, but there weren't spring dimensions mentioned.

Thanks.