Sign in to follow this  
dokko

Recaro Sportster

Thanks very much. I like to think they suit the car. Worth all the effort to make them feel right. lots of trial and error. Must have been 5 atempts to get the hight right and 3 to get enough forward and back to suit me and the misses. Then theres the tilt. some times it cradles your ass too much and sometimes it feels like your falling out the front of them. Just got to stump up the cash for a retrim of the rest.

Took a while to sort these out but this is how mine are fixed. Backs are done similarly to the wiki guide and the fronts use a T shaped bar construction on the existing mount which is then bolted to the TT subframe rails each side. I want to do the fronts Again using bigger caliber metals for safety reasons. It is very difficult to get the height right as they always seem to sit to high. Then again my are nearly new so the seat bottoms have not sagged like most of the origional seats have.

Good work Ben, I got bars made up as per wiki but as you say they are to high, your set up lowers them a bit, grinder here I come :) cant quite see what's going on at the front but get the idea, wish I'd kept the recaro's :lol:

Personally, it was a good seat actually looks very extreme, but I guess it would be matched -up to your car, maybe you can choose another one, something more smooth and not just hard like that, hope you can be choice well.