Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Correct part numbers for MK4 rear calipers ?

Hey all,

Does anyone have the correct part numbers for the MK4 rear calipers which people use to replace the standard G60 rear calipers ?

Am starting to collect the final few parts to finish of my G60 rado, and already have the MK4 Goodridge conversion hoses suitable for use with these calipers but am loathed to pay the £80 per side some places want for the calipers and I reckon I can get them a lot cheaper from a local motor factors but need to know the correct ones to get.

It is any MK4 rear caliper or is it 1.8T GTi-specific rear calipers I need to do this conversion ? I guess any part numbers corresponding tothe calipers I need would be helpful.

Cheers

Ok, so not restricted to just MK4 Golf rear calipers then, can anyone else help with either part numbers or confirm which MK4 Golf calipers I need to purchase for the rear caliper conversion on the rado ?

Got mine from C&R - £50 each but i'm not sure they can do that price any more...

fitted to any MK4 Golf based car with no vented rear discs - stay away from Polo's / Fabia's tho as they use a smaller piston (32mm i think) and also the Passat/Oct/A4 ones have different hose and nipple placements altho they may fit ok...

I would try to get new tho and paint them - mK4's are getting old now and most i've seen have really suffered from the alloy corrosion.