Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

G60 spoiler being weird

About three months ago, the spoiler on my G60 stopped working. I raised it using the manual crank and found that it would still go down on its own, and using the switch, but it won't go up if I press the switch or on its own. I've tried several different motors, and I'm getting the right amount of power to it when I press the switch (12v, not sure what you use overseas), but it still won't work.

I've tried two different motors, and I've tried lubricating both of them...

im having similar prob buddy, the spoiler will go up with the switch but wont come bk down!!!

try checking the fuses, if all else fails then take the spoiler apart and give it a good clean...

Chances are it has got gunked up. There are 2 metal tubes running from the motor to the bottom of either end of the spoiler. In these it's a bit like a bike brake cable, as a flexible section moves through the tubes to lift the spoiler up and down. Over time these get gunked up. Best thing to do is take the whole lot out, take it apart, clean it and fill it with new grease. I did that and it solved my woes - mine stopped going up and down automatically but would still work with the crank and switch. It has been covered before on here, and if you use the search there is a pictoral 'walk through' of what to do.

Yeah, we have cleaned it and re-greased it, tried it on two different motors, and it made no difference.

Where is the relay for it? My bentley manual doesn't show where it is, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.