Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Odd electrical problem

Ok, so i get in my car, i set the clock and reset the mile counter when i fill up. I drive 10 miles home. Next morning i get into my car and the clock is back at zero and the miles have reset themselves. However, the MFA has still stored my average MPG and the stereo hasnt been affected, the CD starts in the place i left it. So the only thing to be affected is the clcok and mile counter? Which is very annoying when im trying to test the number of miles i get for my £20 of petrol.

Any ideas?

Also my clock lights come on dim then brighten up when i hit the screen :lol:

mfa has two positions. A trip mode and a cumulative mode (marked 1 and 2 on the stalks). I'd say you currently have it in the trip mode, which is supposed to reset most of the functions when you turn the ignition off. Just switch it over to the other position, and reset it to get what your after!

The MFA works fine. Its the speedo and the clock that resets to zero. Everything else stays as it was when i was last in the car.

It only does this sometimes though.