Sign in to follow this  
LisaK

Worn-out fuel pump or something else??

Now the days are getting colder, the G doesn't particularly like it too much and has a bit of a grumble when fired up first thing in the morning (it's normally grumpy on idle anyway due to the cam) though has never not started.

I can't leave the engine running for too long on the driveway as the OAP neighbours will think the German planes are flying over head so have to pretty much reverse on to the road as soon as I've fired it up.

A combination of my awful morning driving, an annoying clutch bite and a VERY lumpy idle means I stalled it whilst reversing this morning and could only get it started again by pumping the throttle lots whilst turning the ignition. I've had a look through the search and couldn't find exactly the same problem. Is it;

a) a dodgy fuel pump

b) the ignition switch

c) something completely different

d) nothing or

e) just a case of learning to drive properly so I don't notice problems like this?

Ta,

Lis :)

(ps. anyone that picks "e" will get a whack)

e) just a case of learning to drive properly so I don't notice problems like this?

(ps. anyone that picks "e" will get a whack)

I'll be round later :lol:

If you suspect the switch give it a skake / wiggle when you think it's playing up... tbh - I would change this anyway if it's not one of the new black ones...

Whats up with the clutch?? Corrado clutch's are usually great... if it's biting low then you might have a failing slave cyl...