Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Help needed with Alpine CDA-7850R

Hi,

just bought my VR and it has this alpine cd head unit. I want to put my Sony MD unit in but cant work out how to get the alpine out??? i checked the alpine website which no longer lists this model.

do any of you guys have this one or similar and can help me??

thanks

Ah, it'll be a totally different design then... :roll:

Sorry, I can't help in that case... :?

anyone got a crowbar??? :D

dont worry, theres a good shop in cambs actually where i know alot of the guys, the sell loads of car audio stuff so they should know!

I have an alpine system in my golf. take the surround out and the face panel off. then there are clips which you should have access to and just push them both out with a screwdriver (small) should do the job, other then that, take it to a ICE dealer and for the prie of a pint....

jedi-knight,

by the sounds of it you have the same head unit as me, could you tell me how it comes out when you do get it out cos i am in the same pos as you and can't figure out how it slides out. when i bought the car the guy was gonna take it out and he used a small screw driver but i was'nt watching and then decided i wanted it so he left it in. sorry i can't help but could you let me know if you have any luck :D

you just angle the screwdriver to the sides facing away from the unit and lift it up, i think it's on a clip. and either the clip or the other bit moves and the unit should spring free. the cage should remain. if you need further help i'll go and have a look at mine.

its iut now. there are two pins the lift (spring) up and down on the side of the head unit... then it just slides out..

just spent the last hour putting my sony MD and Kenwood components in the car... IN THE DARK....fun.

sounds good though