Sign in to follow this  
sim70

looking to buy

hi guys i'm looking to be purchasing a corrado in the nxt few wks and i need some help and information

wot are they like for getting parts

wot do i need to look for wen buying 1

wot they like on fuel

wot kind of money should i be looking to spend

were the best place to get insurance

cheers

Step 1 - get familiar with the search box on the top right of the page. This sort of stuff comes up all the time! :)

wot are they like for getting parts

That depends really. Some trim parts, etc are getting harder come by but most mechanical parts are still available from VW. Plenty of Corrado's getting broken for spares all the time (sadly) but that does mean you can get bits you can't find anywhere else fairly cheap.

wot do i need to look for wen buying 1

The Corrado Buyers Guide will tell you all you need to know --> http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.p ... _Checklist

wot they like on fuel

Not brilliant. Engines are either performance oriented or old school design - neither are recipes for great economy. Best I see from my 2.0 16v is 33MPG on a LONG steady run... almost half than that around town and in traffic sometimes! :shock:

wot kind of money should i be looking to spend

Take a look on autotrader and our for sale adverts on here. You'll soon see the sort of ball park figures you're talking about.

were the best place to get insurance

You really need to ring around. The usual completely random approach to pricing insurance for people in this country continues without limits.. and some people get ludicrous prices from insurers that the same people get bargain price quotes from. A popular ones include HIC, Brentacre and Adrian Flux.