Sign in to follow this  
Tedb

Help!! Part Identification 2.0l 16v

Being trying to order some parts for my 2.0 litre 16valver through Dealer but having great difficulty, problem is trying to describe and identify the parts.....very hard folkswithout part numbers....I'm looking for the Vacum Tube (at least that's what I call it) and connectors, one end of this white tube is attached to an angled rubber connector and attaches to the Throttle Housing, the other end of the tube goes into a fabric or cloth coated short rubber pipe or tube that attaches on to your air filter housing...the Vacum pipe is about a 14 inches long I guess. Mine has just broken, the plastic tube had got very hard, it's just fatigued with age, the connectors are also split and torn so I really want to replace those too, car doesn't run too well with Vacum leaks..... I'd like to replace them with Volkswagen parts.

Problem is that on ETKA the Vacum Section and the Air Filter section illustrations listed for the 2.0 litre 16valve do not correspond to that on my car...not the first time I've experienced this problem with ETKA and the 16Valve model, I believe my Air Filter Housing Assembly is listed under Air Cleaner 1.8 litre? I don't have access to ETKA so anyone that could confirm the part numbers for me it would be most appreciated. Mine is a 1992 Model, engine code 9A.

Ta

I'd just pop down to your nearest scrap yard and collect a fist full of pipes and connectors from various VWs and Audis of around the same age, I've got a boxfull of spares like this for when I spot rubber perishing etc.

Trying to get VAG to order the right bits will be a mare and you'll probably have to wait for some of them on back order anyway, then pay far too much for them.

you need to collect a few lengths of rigid vacuum pipe a few right angle rubber elbows and some straight rubber connectors, perhaps the odd 'T' piece connector, these are used on most polo's golfs passats and Audi 80/100's up to 1996 at least.

That's a fair point Dave and I would do that if it was feasible but I live in Ireland and there are no Scrapyards near me, I'd have to travel quite a bit to get to one, however I know what you're saying about ordering them from VW, it's proven a nightmare already becasue the parts guy doesn't have a clue what I'm after...does anyone know the technical name for the parts I'm after?