Sign in to follow this  
Chris

vr6 wheel hub question. please help

hello, im just about to put the new vr6 engine into my corrado (it was originally a 2.0l 16v)

my question is about the wheel hubs. i have a nice set of 4 stud bbs rm's which i would like to keep for this car, but the vr6 has 5 stud hubs

can i use 4 stud hubs on a vr6 engine, i can leave the rear discs as 4 stud its just the fronts im concerned about. do vr6 outer cv joints fit any 4 stud hubs?

someone at vw told me this couldnt be done but he had not tried himself so i thought i'd ask a real expert on this topic.

if its true that it cannot be done are there 5 to 4 stud adaptors i can buy? ive never seen them if there are any.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,

chris.

i would of guessed that they didnt spend millions of pounds(deutchmarks sp?) researching into the hub units etc to put a 5th bolt in just for the laugh. it will be a 5 stud for a good reason. the brakes wont be big enough really for a 2.9V6 from a valver will they?. will they have anywhere near the stopping power of the v6 brakes, but to answer your question i would of thought the v6 outer shaft wont fit into the boot you have, will be bigger i would of thought?

i'm honestly not sure about whether the driveshafts off your 4 stud will fit into the 5 stud hubs - i don't see why not in all honesty, but i'm really not sure - best person to ask is probably vince @ stealth.

also i'm pretty sure that you can fit the brakes off a g60 onto your 4 stud hubs - i have a friend with a scirocco who has just carried out a full g60 brake conversion.

these should in theory work as well as the standard vr6 brakes as they are the same size and use either identical, or very similar calipers.

i'm honestly not sure about whether the driveshafts off your 4 stud will fit into the 5 stud hubs - i don't see why not in all honesty, but i'm really not sure - best person to ask is probably vince @ stealth.

also i'm pretty sure that you can fit the brakes off a g60 onto your 4 stud hubs - i have a friend with a scirocco who has just carried out a full g60 brake conversion.

these should in theory work as well as the standard vr6 brakes as they are the same size and use either identical, or very similar calipers.

have you got a contact number for vince at stealth?