Sign in to follow this  
alpinewhite16v

2.0L 16v rocker cover removal

Cheers for the great info so far ...

The rocker box is leaking oil down the side of the dizzy and I will need to change it - trouble is there's the manifolds and everything else to deal with.... how exactly does one get to expose the rocker cover to change the gasket?

Thanks in advance...

It's not too difficult.

There are 5 bolts at the front side of the manifold that join the upper and lower sections. And there are two brackets around the back of the inlet manifold above the exhaust manifold/downpipe. These brackets are held on with 6 bolts.

Other than them, the only other things that need removing are the inlet piping to the throttlebody, which is held in with a type of jubilee clip and can simply be unscrewed to loosen. The vac line to the brake servo which is located at the back rhs of the manifold alos has to be removed.

I've re-used the gasket between the upper an lower manifold once or twice when removing, and had no bad effects.

Usually I'd pick up a new one from GSf etc, as they only cost a pound or two though! 8)