Sign in to follow this  
heyzy

Scorpion Alarm Problem. Need wiring diagram

I had to change my battery this morning and my alarm will not switch off with my fob. I spoke to Scorpion and they dont diagnose on this alarm anymore and that i would require a new alarm. With my car being off the road i need a wiring diagram so i can rejoin the two immobiliser circuits. Then i can fit a new alarm after christmas when i have some money. Cheers.

Update. Spoke to the guy at scorpion he wouldnt release a copy of the wiring diagram but told me there were 3 immobilizer cicuits. The Yellow/Red and Purple/black go to the starter motor. Then there is 4 black wires 2 goto the fuel pump the other 2 cut the ignition. He told me i would have to work these wires out myself.

If it's the original Scorpion 5000 alarm it needs the battery to be reconnected in a set sequence for the alarm to be reset.

1 With battery disconnected turn ignition on

2 connect battery (at this point you should hear the alarm registering power, though not 'going off')

3 turn off ignition

4 press and hold down the set alarm button for 10 seconds (though it will probably set after only 2 or 3 seconds)

that should reset everything but you will have problems if you have been trying all sorts of things and confused the alarm system. If that is the case disconnect from the battery for a while (maybe as much as a few hours) so the alarm unit is discharged of all power before setting as above.

I have had problems with this system after a flat battery, didn't find out about this sequence until later.

When its connected now, it seems to drain the battery quite quick, so I have just pulled the fuse, is it likely if I disconnect the battery and reconnect using the correct sequence then all will be well or is that just wishfull thinking :lol: