Sign in to follow this  
NomoreGT4

Changing late spec interior for early spec...............

I have apparently got a late spec interior in my 1.8 16V. If I wanted to change from the current late spec to early spec door cards & seats can I take the late spec door plastic speaker/electric window swich & storage compartment off the late spec door card & swap it over onto the early spec door card :? ?

I only ask as I've seen that the early spec door cards have a hole in the doors which I assume is for the electric window operation & I want to keep the electric window switch where it is at the moment by the speaker.

I'm not too keen on the lighter door trim & would like to swap it back to the original black door cards & seats.

This is of course if I don't sell it & do keep it. I'm very, very slowly coming round to liking it now that its had a wash, T-cut & wax 8)

Rich

The early trim doesn't have holes for the window switches in the pods but you could use Audioscape late pods on early cards...

Early trim was either Petrol (dark grey / green / Purple) or Platinum (same pattern but light grey)

The early trim doesn't have holes for the window switches in the pods

Thats what I thought. So can I take off the speaker pods on my late spec door cards & put them onto the early spec door cards which will still enable me to keep the window switches in the pod location.

Rich

Couple of other things you'll need to consider....

You also have a hole in the early door card for the electric mirror control (and the wiring for the early and later mirror controls is different).

You will need different interior door handles as the early and late ones are different shapes (the late ones are curved and the early ones straight sided). They are a direct swap though.

If you want to keep the late electric mirror control in the same place as the late spec one you'll need to see if the late grab handle fit an early door.