Sign in to follow this  
harrisvr6

so many wheels so many sizes

i have a standard ''93'' vr6 corrado, i was thinking of getting some 17''s for it. can they fit without spending money on added extras or areas?

i was thinking of getting fox r4's they aren't too expensive and will look dope, has anyone got em and how did they get on with fitting em?

Just make sure the wheel nut pcd is 5 x 100, offset of the VR is around 43, so your new wheels will need to be similar (slight variation won't matter). Also the centre bore for the VR (and most other VWs) is 57.2mm. You can buy spiggot rings to alter the bore if it's not correct- loads on Ebay. Also make sure the tyres are the correct size.

Have a look in here ;)

cheers man,

with an offset of et 35 be ok? will i need the spacer things? i cant find the measurements listed anywhere, i think they do different sizes, ebay has different ones. et 35 was the closest though. would this be a too far from the standard et 43?

you'd think fox would show this information.

Jumping on this thread to save making another as it seems the OP is sorted.

I don't know my ET35 from ABC123...so wondered if someone could advise.

Know someone selling a set of 16" Golf V6 4 Motion alloys and off the top of my head they are 6

I've just bought some BBS RX2s with exactly the same measurements. I'm sure the rears would be fine, but the front may rub on full lock.

Just make sure the wheel nut pcd is 5 x 100, offset of the VR is around 43, so your new wheels will need to be similar (slight variation won't matter). Also the centre bore for the VR (and most other VWs) is 57.2mm. You can buy spiggot rings to alter the bore if it's not correct- loads on Ebay. Also make sure the tyres are the correct size.

Have a look in here ;)

hi

centre bore is 57.1

Apparently the 4 Motion wheels at ET42, whatever significance that has.

Will these be ok with 55 profile tyres that they come with or is that a no no, bearing in mind both the MK3 Golf we have and the Corrado VR6 were fitting with 205-50-15 as standard

Will these be ok with 55 profile tyres that they come with or is that a no no, bearing in mind both the MK3 Golf we have and the Corrado VR6 were fitting with 205-50-15 as standard

i would like to see more offset with an 8mm spacer and longer bolts and also some 45 profile tyres ,55s will look to higher profile

i would like to see more offset with an 8mm spacer and longer bolts and also some 45 profile tyres ,55s will look to higher profile

Cheers for that, thought that might be the case, not so cheap if need to buy full set of rubber really