Sign in to follow this  
matelot

Remote locking failure - '94 VR

Fellas, hopefully someone can help me with this one.

Noticed yesterday that the 'screw in' holder for the parcel shelf strap (offside) was loose. No problem, 10 second job, tightened it back up now my remote locking's screwed! Central locking still works when you use the key but totally refuses to answer the remote, consequently my car is now parked up locked but not alarmed. :?

Is there wiring for the alarm system running inside the tailgate to the right side of the back window that I may have inadvertently cut with end of the screw?

Hacked off now cos I've only just paid out to have new thermostat fitted two days ago!

Andy

Sorry for the delay in replying, computer went on the fritz!

Tried taking the screw out again but I obviously screwed it in too enthusiastically, but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm no electrician so it looks like another fork out some cash job! :(

i fecked up my locking the other day, was sat on drive couldn't start car, alarm was going off, remote fob was lighting up when i pressed it but had no effect on car.

turns out i'd knocked a sliding button on the fob so it was resting halfway between two settings and not doing anything :lol: