Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Knob

Anyone know whether the original gearlever knob in black is still available from the Stealers and at what kind of money

Yep, bought one last year, about 20 quid I think, [edit] maybe 25 but definitely under £30. Someone flogs them on eBay from Germany as well, but the dealer price was cheaper.

Apparently so, in both plastic and leather varieties too. Think leather is less than £40 but not sure exactly how much.

I picked up one of the ebay, 25 quid ones and they are genuine vw and are top quality. Rather buy this than give vw even more of my money.

Someone told me that changing gear is the cars version of a handshake. Feels so much better with textured leather than the old nackered example.

got mine off ebay too, leather, great quality, very pleased with it, was told VW was cheaper, but not if i add petrol getting there and back :)

got mine off ebay too, leather, great quality, very pleased with it, was told VW was cheaper, but not if i add petrol getting there and back :)

Now that's what I can wheeler dealing! :lol:

Got one a couple of months ago through Audi (much closer than my nearest VW). It was around £22.

I got mine from a seat leon, it sits about an inch lower down as the threaded bit inside goes almost to the top, the shift pattern is the same and the leather feels like its better quality and is perforated at the front and back, the gaitor also fits the corrado surround perfectly.

I bought one from VW but it was completely the wrong leather and colour.

Mine looked a bit grey and had a slightly rough feel. They take time to wear in. It's already lost most of it's roughness and is getting darker in colour.