Sign in to follow this  
h6 vwc

rear spoiler problems

hello, im new on here and i have a 1994 vr6 corrado and when i bought it the guy said the rear spoiler had been disconnected as kept blowing fuse for abs warning lamp. Got fed up 1 day so connected a wire in behind the switch and pushed in the manual spoiler knob on the back panel, spoiler started to function perfectly automatically and with the switch. Then it went to the garage for a few weeks gettin sum work done and when came out the spoiler rose as shud at 60 but noticed it didnt go back down, tried with the switch but got nothing and then went to fuel up, car would not start again afterwards and wouldnt bump either, however i could hear the fuel pump tick but the car jus wouldnt turn, i vaguely remember rear spoiler problems being linked to fuse 16, checked it and was blown, replaced it and car fired up.

However when ever tryin to bring spoiler down with switch it blows this 15amp fuse, and the spoiler stays up even under 15mph. Put a 30 amp fuse in just to bring it down with the switch which worked well and then put the 15amp back in and works fine automatically but will blow with the switch. Have read that fuse blows if mechanism gunked up but mines is clean and the runners are greased!

Not too bothered about not working with the switch although would appreciate your thoughts, however i am concerned with the car not starting. And my C seems to be temperamental, when i removed fuse 16 to go buy more fuses some times it started at other times it didnt, my manual mentions nothing about anything enginewise linked to this fuse so am confused to why it started the 1st time i replaced fuse 16 after not starting???

And even with fuse 16 blown the abs warning lamp doesnt illuminate however the sunroof does stop working.

Im soory if this post is very longwinded or has been covered before, i have searched but cant find any1 with this exact problem, your suggestions/ 2p would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks atif.