Sign in to follow this  
rmn

g60 intercooler

whats the best intercooler to use in a g60, most efficient!

i know the guys with mk2 golf's are using sprinter van intercoolers, but they wont fit, right?

thanks

I'm shortly going to be fitting a Mercedes C-class cooler to my G60. It's from a C220 Kompressor. Perfect fit with the custom header tanks that I'm having fitted to it.

I don't suppose there is a recognised "most efficient" cooler to use as a replacement. It's more a case of finding a suitable one & technically modifying (bodging) it to fit.

If you're going the whole hogg, then the best pipework to use is polished aluminum alloy. This absorbs/retains very little heat as well as looking nice & shiny. Try not to make your pipework too long & don't have any sharp bends in it.

yea, i know about keeping the pipes as short as poss!

Do you have any pics of the cooler?

Is it front mounted, or is it mounted in the wheel well like the original one?

IIRC my cooler is around 600mmx160mmx45mm.

that size seems to fit fine behind the rad meaning rad can be fitted in standard mounting holes. it sticks out from behind the passenger side of rad in the 3-4in space that there is and about 5 inches past the charger side of rad. 700mm may be better to help remove the bends from the ubend to IC

I had to cut away around 6inc by 2 inch of the front support so that it fits properly.

Anybody..is the golf front support different to a corrado to fit the intercooler in?