Sign in to follow this  
andyzplace

Pioneer head unit wont remember settings :(

I've just bought my first corrado and have decided to keep the head unit from my old golf (mk2 driver).

The problem is the headunit wont 'remember' anything now (when i come to start my car every day, it goes back to the demo mode as as if its just been installed)

I've tried it back in the golf and its fine so its not a problem with the head unit.

If any one could shed any light I would be very grateful.

Oh, the corrado has a laserline immobiliser (which the golf didnt have) if that helps.

Cheers, Andy

Did you switch the red and yellow cables over on the Pioneer wiring loom? They should already be split with plastic sleeves and female/male adaptors specifically for this reason....

two lives on after market head units , one ignition live (bigger fuse normally ),and one battery constant live stores tunning and runs clock if you have one ,either both are ignition live or fuse is gone on the constant live , red and yellow wires normally ,sounds like you have no constant live to me

Rob

edit

MUST TYPE QUICKER :D

Ok. I think im just going to re-wire it all as its a bit of a mess anyway. If anyone has a wiring diagram or anything to show me which wire is which in the corrado that that would help enormously.

Cheers, Andy

You shouldn't need to rewire anything mate? The standard Pioneer cabling loom that comes with the headunit, that plugs into the standard Corrado ISO block has the split in the connections already made for you. You just need to pop two plugs out and swap them over and off you go! :)

Im terrible with wiring! :(

Ok, so ive got -

Yellow (constant supply) connected to the red / white,

Black (earth) connected to the black (i assume its normal for that to follow the ariel cable behind the dash)

But im unsure of -

The Blue/white which needs to be connected to the 'auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC)'

The Red (acc power).

The Orange / White (which needs to go the the lighting terminal switch so the headunit turns the brightness down when the lights are on)

The wires i have in the corrado are -

Brown (thick one)

Black (which i assumed was the earth)

Red / White (which i assumed was the constant live)

Brown / Red

White with Blue stripe

Blue with White stripe

Sorry if this seems a bit drawn out. Im a bit of a novice when it comes to wiring and I want to make sure its right.

Cheers for all the help, Andy

blue/white = Speed sensor feed

brown/red = Ignition live

black = +12v to aerial amplifier (switched feed from head unit)

grey/blue = illumination feed (to turn on head unit illumination when the lights are switched on)

red/white = permanent live

brown = earth