Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Glass roof doesn't fit right

I just got my glass roof in my Corrado.

But anyways, it doesn't sit in it quite right. What I mean by that is it gaps on the drivers side (as seen in the first pic), and it sits crooked (second pic). The rear corners on the drivers and passengers side both leak, but none of the others do. The drivers side always sits lower, but when I put the normal Corrado roof in, it sits perfectly fine.

I just tried to adjust the height, and raising it just made it leak all the way across the back.

The car is a '90 Corrado, and the roof is from a '93 Passat.

EDIT: I forgot to post the pics

Picture 1: Gappage on drivers side

HPIM1899.jpg

Picture 2: Uneven sitting

HPIM1900.jpg

has the motor been removed during installation? if the cog (sprocket) on the motor isnt in sync with both the left and right cables it can cause one side of the roof to drop more than the other, you may have to remove the motor and manually align the sunroof and then re fit the motor.

Passat Saloon (Sedan) or 'wagen?

The Wagen ones are a flatter profile..

sorry for jumping in here do you fit the sedan or estate one in the corrado then

has the motor been removed during installation? if the cog (sprocket) on the motor isnt in sync with both the left and right cables it can cause one side of the roof to drop more than the other, you may have to remove the motor and manually align the sunroof and then re fit the motor.

It's alligned fine parallel, it's just that the drivers side sits lower than the passenger side.