Sign in to follow this  
Supreme

Wheel Poke and Tuck, what can i get away with?

Hi

Iam relatively new to the Corrado world and currently enjoying my white '91 plate Valver, had a search for similar topics but didnt bring up anything to help.

I am in the process of doing the obvious modifications, like coilovers, ARB's engine & gear box mounts to try and stiffen things up after its years of daily drive abuse. Oh and its being converted to 5x100 to help with my wheels choices.

Iam also building up my summer rims and iam a bit stumped as to how wide i can go, i will fill you in with the details so far....

I have a set of 17x8 BBS splits et35 5x112 PCD, FK make a 15mm adapter but aparantly it is not advisable running one this thin and 20mm is the recomended thickness.

Could i get away with 17x8.5 on the front with a 20mm adapter taking it to effectively et15! was also going to stretch a 205 40 on there to help the tuck?

I know iam going to need serious arch work, which isnt a problem on the rear as its double skinned, its the fronts iam really worried about.

I will also don my flame suit as from my search staggered wheel widths, stretch and general impracticality seem to against the grain.

Thanks in advance

Alex

i would get the arches rolled and run 8's up front at abt et 15/10 and run the rears at 8.5J at abt et 15/20

I will also don my flame suit as from my search staggered wheel widths, stretch and general impracticality seem to against the grain.

Oh yeah, and imagine going on CT saying you've just bought a wicked pair of shox... :lol:

Thanks for the help guys, trust some e38 regulars to answer a post on poke n' tuck!

@Bristolbaron, how did you know i just copped some new shox, hahaha

Thanks for the help guys, trust some e38 regulars to answer a post on poke n' tuck!

@Bristolbaron, how did you know i just copped some new shox, hahaha

haha! look forward to the post!

i'm gonna be running 8.5 and 9x17, on a 205/40/17.

cant remember offsets, havent seen the wheels since inters..

you wish, son!

im scared of the US fold on CT, theyre HARDCORE lol