Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDave

So many Mercs?

OK, I'm on one of my work trips at the mo. In the middle of London staying at a place on the Harrington Road.

Tonight whilst sat in a local Italian restaurant, it seemed as if every 4th car was a Merc? Is this just that I've had to many glasses of red / beer or a local thing.

Erm.. maybe it's a local thing.... they do have a Lambo dealer round the corner :)

Its obviously one of the weathiest bits of the country so you'll get a lot anyway, but bear in mind the number of top execs all getting driven home at that time of the evening.

I used to work just the other side of hyde park, off park lane, and there being so many embassies, hedge funds etc in Mayfair its a constant stream of S classes, 7 series, A8s etc. What you notice is that all of these are contract cars as they have the same licence badges in the windows that minicabs have to have! :)

That said though, there are then the bentley continentals, ferraris, range rovers etc. that are all owned by those people themselves. Look out for the valet parking outside the members only restaurants on South Audley Street :)

And then obviously then you get the Rollers and the occasional Maybach which are all privately owned but have the chauffeurs complete with peaked cap!