Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Eaton superchargers

I want to change the G with an Eaton ... problem is I don't know what Eaton would be best.

I first thoght about m45 but think it's a little bit small, than found something on german E-bay M65.

I found that the Mercedes M271 engine is actualy a 1.8L engine with diferent power output, with chargers with the part number A 271 090 17 80 / Eaton 307171 and m271 271 090 2180 / Eaton 307 960, and probably many more. The chargers with the part number A 111 090 09 80 / Eaton 206127 think it's from M111 engines, 2.0L and 2.3L.

Questions... Is the m45 big enough or I should go with the m65... engine is 1.8L 8v with schrick 268/276 cam? How do I know wich one is wich (M45 or M65)? Is there any visual diference between?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M271

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M111

m45 tends to be used on g40s, bit to small for the g60 engine , I think the m62 or m90 is what you are after although if I were you I would stick with the G if you want more power etc after that then look at turbos.

I've read some topics on Mercedes forums and realised that Eaton is crap... over 10 psi only heats up the air ... I'll stay with the G :)