Sign in to follow this  
harin

Black Diamond clutch problems

Hey guys,

Okay il give you guys the short version(Sorry for the essay):

I ordered a Black Diamond clutch (Model no. DPC8036 for my VR6) from http://www.blackdiamondbrakesonline.co.uk/ before Christmas and it took them until the new year to actually order it. Another 2 weeks later and the excuse they gave was that Black Diamond had built the clutch and it had failed its pressure test. After another day i call them up and they say they've managed to get hold of one for me and will be getting it straight out to me. Now i am a bit suspect as to what they have sent me. I asked for a Black Diamond clutch and what they sent doesn't actually look likes its made by Black Diamond...it looks like its made by Sachs. Now i know Sachs make parts for a lot of other companies but do they make parts for Black Diamond?

Ive attached some pics of the clutch below and i was wondering if anyone recognizes the clutch as being Black Diamond. Also the clutch is yellow and smells of fresh paint...If i dig my nails in the paint comes off! Am i being ripped off? Is this just a standard clutch? Please help!

rgds,

Harin

Corrado92.pdfDSC00925 (2).JPG[/attachment:8h8relxi]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00932 (2).JPG[/attachment:8h8relxi]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00934 (2).JPG[/attachment:8h8relxi]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00935 (2).JPG[/attachment:8h8relxi]

DSC00941 (2).JPG[/attachment:8h8relxi]

hey there my friend, not wishing to pi$$ on your bonfire, but black diamond clutches are really just another name for standard clutches - i had a brand new black diamond clutch an a fairly highly tuned ax i used to own and even without doing horrible starts etc, my engine destroyed that clutch in exactly the same way as a standard one as it just couldn't cope with the increase in power.

if you are really serious about getting a performance clutch then the people to talk to are helix.

if your engine is running somewhere near to what the factory intended with regards to bhp, then that clutch should be fine.

i don't know if sachs make clutches for black diamond, but in all honesty i would prefer a clutch with sachs' name on than black diamond anyway. (i also had a set of black diamond brakes which were pretty crap)

sorry buddy - not wishing to have a go at you or slate your purchase, but in my personal opinion black diamond are w&nk - i'd be happy with the clutch you've got unless you plan on doing lots racing starts etc or have a highly tuned engine (say 210+ bhp if you want a very rough figure...)