Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Lupo Wipers juddering

Ive been reading a few posts where people are saying that their lupo wipters judder when being used. Ive had this problem since fitting them and have even renewed the wiper linkage to hopefully stop the problem.

Im starting to think its the wiper blades not getiing either enough pressure or too much pressure.

Does anyone know how to sort it? Im tempted to bend the wiper arms in towards the windscreen, but would rather get other peoples ideas first.

Ive read about the TT arms working better, so if these still judder after "tweaking" they will be swapped because the juddering is driving me nuts!

sounds like the arm needs twisting are they shudering both ways or just one , if one its the arm needs a slight bend to make the blade flip over when going back up the screen they always bend one way as they park and stay bent

they shudder both ways and any wiper speed. really embarrasing when I have passengers. I dont think the motor is at fault.

I did notice that the worse wiper (passengers side) when it gets half way up the screen, only the outer edges of the wiper touches the screen, the centre lifts completely of the windscreen

have you tryed putting the pass side on the drivers does this make the drivers worse , it may be just the blades ,but if there not wiping in the middle it would point to weak arm spring not having the pressure to push the sprung blade down

tried swappin just the blades and it makes no difference. i havent changed the arms but if both are juddering i doubt it will make a difference, will it?

Im really tempted to bend the arms but dont want to mess it up. Am I the only one with bad juddering on the wipers?

Nope, new ones are slighly better because the rubber is softer, but ultimately it is because you don't have enough pressure on the wipers. It's also worse in the winter when it is colder as the rubber is harder...