Sign in to follow this  
peanut

10v ur quattro on the tele

Bought from Rick on the Quattro forum (from wales iirc) Ill eb watching this just for the ur. Apparently itll be coming up fo sale soon but its batted to hell! Was rebuilt and sprayed by the previous owner. They used 3 in making the series but this is the main one.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Enn6zc9ug ... ready.html

And here it is just before it gets the crap beaten out of it by a white stilleto...

Gene Hunt your my hero! lol

SNF26BIZZY2_682_394685a.jpg

superb... although i'm surprised that Mr. Hunt would opt for a German motor - surely he should be one of those early 80s disillusioned types that bought a Capri... but then he'd be in The Professionals :lol:

(oh, and since i only just noticed your sig. file... congrats on the engagement!)

and its a pity its a post 82 RHD UR thats featured as I take it its meant to be set in 1981 and from memory it wasn't until late 81 before RHD was available as the first ones were all LHD's.........FFS can the BBC researchers not get their facts right

.........FFS can the BBC researchers not get their facts right

Heard a radio interview with Gene Hunt (apparently thats not his real name its Philip Glenister :lol: )and he stated that he had the choice of cars between a Metro and the Quattro.

No competition :lol: :lol:

They did know that the Quattro in rhd form was only available later than the program is set.

However that was the car they wanted for the image and only real anoraks would know the difference :lol: :lol: :wink:

iirc the main one used is a Y-plate WR pre facelift with the facelift headlights and grille. Nice to see them doing something a bit different and not taking the easy route like a sierra or granada

i know its TV-land and all that but the chances of the Met having an Ur-Quattro when they first came out would have been slim to nothing........the Ur was £20k+ in the early 80's