Sign in to follow this  
Cnut

URGENT: Help needed with disabling the Scorpion alarm

Not the best start to a Monday morning,

My alarm fob appears to have stopped working, it's still flashing but it isn't deactivating the alarm and unlocking the car. I can still unlock the car using the key but this doesn't stop the alarm, and the immobiliserr is still active so I can't start the car.

What is the best way to deactivate the alarm and immobiliser as a temporary measure so I can actually use my car again.

The car is a 95 vr

Problem sorted!

Turns out it was only the battery. The old battery had enough power to light the led but not send a signal to the alarm but I managed to break the fob whilst removing the cover!

Does anyone know where to get a fob replacement from? I phoned Scorpion and got rudely told "OBSOLETE" not the best customer service I have ever experienced!

this happened to me recentely and i had just knocked the slider switch on side of fob to halfway between the 2 settings :lol:

was there for ages trying to work it out

That's happened to me a couple of times too :lol:

What exactly does the slider do anyway?!

The slider determines whether the alarm sets the interior movement detectors.

Useful to know if you regularly have passengers and leave them in the car when paying for fuel etc. Using the alarm on the 'non interior' setting means the movement detectors don't automatically kick in after a minute....or how ever long it is, so passengers don't get a shock when they move.