Sign in to follow this  
davebirl

how to fit 5x112 BBS rims to my VR6

I got some very nice new wheels.

BBS RS 009's which were originally 8X16 ET11

They outer rim was removed and a 1 inch rim fitted making them 7X16 ET11

I have 15mm 5X112 to 5X100 adapters.

The rears fit fine and are flush with the wheel arch but the fronts sit out about 10mm too far.

Its there anything I can do to cure this?

I was thinking that maybe one could rebore the wheels to 5X100 but who can do this and has it been done by anyone on here before?

Secondly I was thinking I could shave maybe a few mm off the inside of the wheel, ie where it meet the brake disk? thus making the wheel sit a little further inside the arch?

Any ideas or opinions guys? These wheels are like brand new and in perfect condition.

Thanks

I think you can re drill them to 5 x 100. Im not 100% sure though. Drop Auber G (Mike) a pm and ask him, hes quite in the know about stuff like that..

Provided there is sufficient material to maintain the strength integrity and there is a flat mounting surface on the back they can be re drilled and you can machine the mounting face to the hub down also to make it sit more in the arch again if sufficient material is there.

If you have changed the width then surely the ET will have changed to 21 if they were 11 to star with.