Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Coilovers, how to adjust them??

Another coilover question....but i have looked at other threads and this isnt really discussed.

SO.......

Im looking at getting the FK Konigsport coilovers but i dont want a huge drop, only 35 - 40mm. Question is how easy are these to adjust? do you do them once they are on the car??? is it easy to tell where is 35 and where is 40mm etc?? or am i going to end up with all 4 corners set slightly different??

some advice before i spend out on them would be great...

also can you set the stiffness with this kit?? i want it fairly soft i think.

Thanks

I asked a similar question & was given this guide. Hope this helps

Step 1 - measure the height at the moment between the centre of the wheel and the arch and work out how much lower you want it.

Step 2 - loosen wheel bolts, then jack up car and take front wheel off.

Step 3 - you will see the spring sitting on a big nut with groves in, which is on thread, this is the strut.

Step 4 - you will either have two of the big nuts with groves on, or only one with an allen bolt in, acting as a grub screw (like on an after market gear knob, this stops the bolt from spinning making the car higher or lower)

Step 5 - either loosen the allen grub screw, or loosen the bottom nut with a C spanner.

Step 6 - measure from the base of the thread on the strut to the top of the nut where the spring is sitting on.

Step 7 - undo the nut with the C spanner till the top of it is 10mm lower than where it was, do up grub screw, or tighten up the second nut against the one you adjusted.

Step 8 - put wheel back on and do the other side the same way.

Dan

so its a bit hit and miss then??

If the coilover is set to its highest ride height, is this the same as the standard set up???? or is it already lower?

thanks