Sign in to follow this  
be here now

hub nut

hi need to now the torque setting for the hub nut see on here that some ppl say 200 an something nm then some say i 60 or so nm so witch 1 is it to be dnt want fuck it up again spent about £300 or more on wheel bearings an hubs in the last year now there gone again realy bad this time get whering sound when i go left an the hole car vibrates when i go right think the front hub ones gone an back right pose that gsf parts for ya lol

Hi, i really need to know the torque setting for the hub nut that hold the disk/bearings on the rear for a vr6 (later model) i have searched my backside off and cant seem to find anything, im giving the back end an overhaul tomorrow and this is the last piece of the puzzle!

Sorry for hijacking this thread but its near enough the same question and i didnt want to start a new thread for it! :D

Thanks!

With both front and rear it's critical that the genuine (SKF) bearings are used on Corrado's - nothing else lasts at all...

Martyn_McG - There is no torque setting!!!! VW rear bearings on MK2/3 are of the taper variety and should be done up hand tight with a split pin to stop them moving... basically do it up as tight as you can with a socket in your hand or 1/4 of a turn with a bar and then back off until you can just move the washer behind with a screwdriver but harly applying any pressure - it's tricky to get right and you may need to adjust after 500 miles but this is critical for the bearing to last!

It's also critical that you work some grease into the bearings before you fit and don't pack too much under the grease cap (a common mistake)

that would explain it! thanks a lot!

yes i got the bearings from vw in like a little kit with the pin etc . . in, but they dont supply a little sachet of grease like the aftermarket kits the tight sods!

hopefully i can actualy get to drive the thing soon now! iv had it ages!

edit* - i went back to the vw stealership today for a few bits and out of curiosity asked why they didnt supply any bearing grease with the bearing kits. his answer was they dont need any!!!!! thats crazy talk! i cant knock him though, keeps giving me 15% discount though!