Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

Since the love has been re-found i though it was time i spent even more money on this baby!

So she's booked in on monday 13th for a new intercooler. the TD5 on has made her lose some of the punch the charger gave.

The new one is going behind the grill, slightly set off to the left.

I'm just hoping the grill will still fit as i think an exposed intercoller is a bit "jap" :camp:

Pics to follow of the new fit, and hopefully a group buy on fabricated rallye U bends, the place i'm taking it are making me one.

yer kinda exited about it now, it's the first unique work I've had done to her, everything else has been off the shelf parts.

I was a little concerned about putting the intercooler behind the grill as it might block some air to the radiator, until he pointed out that the TD5 one effectivly covers the whole rad practically.

Pics will be up as soon as I get home, I might see if he can take some during the build too.

I should have a price too when I pick the car up so will get all that information into the GB thread and see what interest there is.

Hello mate, you got any pics of the intercooler fitting process?

Got one sat in the garage and unsure whether to DIY fit or take it to a garage. :confused4:

The car goes in monday to get the new intercooler fitted, so i should have it back midweek when I'll be able to get you pictures dude

I have pics of when I fitted the td5 one though.

I got the car back yesterday after she spent the week in getting the new intercooler fitted. :D

I guy changed his mind over doing a rallye bend, he said it's too sharp for the air to flow efficently. Instead he went for an ally 180' bend.

Corrado92.pdfDSC00215.JPG[/attachment:b3z54uvd]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00216.JPG[/attachment:b3z54uvd]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00220.JPG[/attachment:b3z54uvd]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00222.JPG[/attachment:b3z54uvd]

DSC00227.JPG[/attachment:b3z54uvd]

This set up is much better than the TD5, I'd used too much silicone so was probably breaking the seals and loosing boost when I opened the taps

She also had new wishbone, bearing, ARB links and mounts, top mount and everything aligned and tracked, feels like a new car.

Unfortunately he also found on of my front brake pads had come away from the backing plate, wouldnt mind too much but they've done less than 3000 miles :censored: Bloody EBC :censored:

Andy Waters in Horncastle, i've had to sacrifice some of the slam panel but there's a lot of airflow there.

Looks very like my custom set up, although my cooler is about twice as tall and not quite as wide, winner.

Have you noticed that your car lost some "punch" off the throttle? I found that when I fitted the TD5 one it took longer pressurise so didnt have the same kick. Thats why I had the new one fitted.

Right, I think it's time I [strike:2jw28wmd]wasted[/strike:2jw28wmd] invested more of my hard earned cash in my Corrado,

the problem I have is where do I spend it?

I have a couple of bits of bodywork showing there age now, however I want more power :norty:

What should be the next performance mods I look at?

Flowed head? 4-2-1 Manifold? Toothed belt kit?

I'm not really sure, what would be most benificial? Or are there anyother I should consider?

Cheers

Slim

Looks very like my custom set up, although my cooler is about twice as tall and not quite as wide, winner.

Have you noticed that your car lost some "punch" off the throttle? I found that when I fitted the TD5 one it took longer pressurise so didnt have the same kick. Thats why I had the new one fitted.

Sorry took so long to reply, no can't say I noticed much difference tbh. As far as next mods to consider, I would say a ported / polished head together with a 4-brance would be most beneficial and give good gains. After that, I would look at fuelling, i.e. a set of red top injectors and Bosche 3.5 bar FPR.

would it be more benificial fitting both head and manifold at the same time? thinking about the fitment I would imagine things would be tight to change the manifold round the back.

Yes, you will see best gains by changing both at same time, also more economical as easier to change manifold with head off anyhow. Get a big valve head and a decent 4-branch stainless manifold and you should see a fair bit extra, esp. torque wise.

Thanks for all the advice Mr Judge. I guess I'll have to save up a bit and get all these at once :D

Would I need to then change the injectors at the same time too?

You would need to look at upgrading your injectors to red-tops poss along with a Bosch 3.5 bar FPR to provide the extra fuelling for the mods. What chip do you currenty have fitted ? As this may also need to be changed if you are fitting these.

To put things in perspective, my car made 245.5 BHP with Schrick cam, stage 5 charger, p/p head, red tops, 3.5 bar FPR, FMIC, RSR outlet, SNS stage 5 chip, 65mm pulley, big-bore and port-matched downpipe, induction kit, full s/s exhaust and decat, p/p throttle body and p/p inlet manifold.

Incidentally, I will be selling my SNS chip, red-top injectors, 3.5 bar FPR and 65 mm pulley in the next few months, all with less than 500 miles on them.

I currently have an SNS chip for my stage 4 charger and 68mm pulley. I wouldnt mind getting a new chip in allow for the new intercooler.

Give me a shout when your ready to sell that lot, I'll have them off you :D It'll be a nice start to my next step :norty:

I think that little lot will be a good starts thanks, unless you have a spare P+P head and manifold :wink:

Recon the charger will have a health check before a 65mm pulley.

Just out of interest, could I fit that lot straight away or would I be best waiting til I got the head/cam/manifold?

To be honest, I'd be inclined to fit it all at the same time and have the car set-up properly. Without the cam / head / manifold I doubt it would require the extra fuelling etc. Forgot to say, my B/B downpipe and match-ported manifold will also be for sale at same time as rest of bits.

You could pick-up a spare old head and have it ported for not much too in readiness for fitting rest of bits :wink: