Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

It shouldn't mate, the n75 valve was set to maintain 1.5 bar, don't drover your boost gauge is monitoing and may not be as accurate as you think or the n75 valve is going faulty and over Reading but yea better to be safe than sorry.

Has James tweaked it for the mid range whilst it was on the rollers.

It shouldn't mate, the n75 valve was set to maintain 1.5 bar, don't drover your boost gauge is monitoing and may not be as accurate as you think or the n75 valve is going faulty and over Reading but yea better to be safe than sorry.

Has James tweaked it for the mid range whilst it was on the rollers.

I'm not sure what James did with regards to the map to be honest. Might try and borrow another boost guage to see if I still get the same results, although it does drop off slightly like you said earlier (1.5-1.3bar)

Everything over the last week of so has been fine, in fact it's been running superb...

So yesterday I had to go to the otherside of the airfield where I work, and couldnt help but unleash hell down the taxi way :D

I have a small problem in the fact that I dont think my speedo can keep up. As I changed between 4th and 5th, the needle kept moving round 8)

This is the first time I've had the opertunity to open it up like this, I now know I need some bigger stoppers though! I have some Audi S2 calipers to fit but might get hold of some 4pots.

I have a small problem in the fact that I dont think my speedo can keep up. As I changed between 4th and 5th, the needle kept moving round 8)

mines done that a few times chasing the rev counter :) nice problem to have i say, yours sounds like a lot of fun!

Your making me regret selling it now. :(

If you let me know when your free I'll bring it up as promised 8)

Did you solve your misfire problem? Was it the ignition coil?

I also have a misfire. It first only affects power and then the AFR goes up 1 point, just like in your roling road teste just a bit latter on rpm

Can i use a ignition coil from a Ford Sierra Cosworth?

My problem was the coil pack. I used a Polo one because thats what was fitted.

I'm not sure about the cossie one, I'm sure you could fit one and get it to work.

Was there any exaust noise related to black cloud?

What spark plugs are you using and what gap?

When my car mifires i cant hear anything diferent from exaust!

the only exhaust note difference was an alarming amount of popping and banging.

The cloud is just the unburnt fuel from the cylinders it was misfiring on.

I now have NGK Iridium plugs fitted, not sure on the gap to be honest, but they seem to be performing excellently.

Today I managed a sneeky high speed pass down the runway at work. Just over 9000 feet of nice straight tarmac saw me hit the end of the clocks at 160mph. 8)

Now I know this isnt accurate, but it hit 160 and I was still accelerating.

Next time I plan on sticking TomTom in to see what that has to say as I'm sure it is probably more accurate than my clocks at that speed.

What ratio is your gearbox? i ask this as you say your still accelerating past 160. Is it a ctn ratio box? When i looked into fitting a ctn into mine the top speed calc with my wheels and tyres came to approx 172 :shock:

At the moment my car will hit just shy of 160 mph then im at the rev limiter. I sort of diy calibrated my speedo using my tomtom and my gps phone with the speedo face and needle taken off then cruised at 80 on the tomtom and put the needle on at the 80mph position. :thumb right:

How did you put the neddle on at 80! :shock: :D It was 160mph on the clocks, and I've been told the rule is 15-20% difference at the top end, so that could put it as low as abou 130, although it certainly felt quicker than that :D

It's still the standard G60 box and ratio's. I've only compared my speedo to TomTom up to about 50, and even at that speed there was 1-2mph difference.

Have you had your RR'd? How does your spec compare with mine?

I might have to try your method of calibration to try and make it more accurate:thumb right:

Awesome mate, I hit 155 on my clocks 4 up and it would not rev past 6k at the time, i was on 17's with 40 profile.

Having spent the last few weeks enjoying driving her in the sun, I thought it was time for a good clean.

These are my results from a quick wash and polish.

Corrado92.pdf230620101771.jpg[/attachment:7j8v0o54]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf230620101781.jpg[/attachment:7j8v0o54]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf230620101801.jpg[/attachment:7j8v0o54]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf230620101811.jpg[/attachment:7j8v0o54]

230620101821.jpg[/attachment:7j8v0o54]

Cheers dude. I want your wheels so much!!

I'm torn between modernlines and compomotive mo's at the moment as I fancy a change from the borbets

Well the Borbets are up for sale now, as I have found a suitable replacement.

Whilst i do like the look of the Borbets, they are limiting my options for upgrading my brakes.

New wheels should hopefully be sorted by bank holiday weekend :clap:

Was never for sale.

You need to get at least a 25mm rear roll bar on it as well.

I know, but unless I'm careful I'm going to end up with your car, but in blue!

I keep looking for an anti roll bar, but the wife has tightened the purse strings as we have a nipper due in October.

Just out of interest, what offset were your wheels?